Saturday, October 4, 2008

#31 Don't play with a fever!

I've been sick for about two weeks now. My wife had a really bad ear infection, and then she passed it on to me, and then it developed into a throat infection and I passed it on to her, and now she passed it back to me.




[caption id="attachment_376" align="alignright" width="220" caption="I've got millions of these stupid buggers wrecking havoc in my ears and throat."]Stupidbuggers[/caption]

An easy way to injure yourself is practicing with a fever. If you feel a general ache and tiredness, don't play.


The few times I've had tendon or muscle pain that lasted more than a day were when I practiced strenuous things regardless of being sick. We use very small muscles and movements to play, and these are easily injured. They can also be easily overstressed without you noticing until it's too late.


If you're sick, take it easy with your practicing. You'll probably be too tired to do any kind of meaningful progress anyways.


2 comments:

  1. I hope you BOTH get feeling better soon. And YOUR right about the playing. You just have to rest and try to take it easy until you get well.. Love your blogger!! til l8er

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sick! :( ... but I have a cold ... does this affect anything ... am I allowed to still play? By the way, do you listen to any certain type of music when you are sick as a kinda therapeutic healing agent? I like listening to romantic stuff but the gentle stuff - Like Rach Sonata for Cello and Piano in G minor, Chopin Prelude 4, ... and a few others ...

    ReplyDelete